Dining Room Diorama
Okay, here is one that DIDN'T work. It was going to be a very formal Victorian dining room, but everything about it was wrong- the colors, the dark floor, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to get away from a nasty green cast to everything, even when I color-balanced it. Yuck!! Thought you might think it was interesting to see one that got scrapped.
This was the first try. I used a dark floor and didn't like it at all. I loved the grand old Victorian wallpaper, though it didn't photograph very well. The style of the table and buffet seemed too plain to me. I wanted something more ornate, but they were all I had that would pass for Victorian.
The pictures aren't hung because that is generally one of the very last things I do in a diorama. Since I usually stick them to the walls with glue dots, I want to make sure all the furniture is in place before I attach the paintings. I often do some test photos before I hang the pics. That way if I need to move a piece of furniture a few inches (or occasionally across the room!) I can see it more clearly. Once I've finally gotten everything where I want it, then I hang my paintings, otherwise they end up off center or oddly out of place.
I liked the flower pictures, but the blue soup tureen, which is a favorite of mine and normally sits on top of the buffet, was the wrong color for the room.
I tried changing the floor to a wood one in a lighter shade, but it had a greenish cast. I was also getting that off the clock, which is gold, but also has a slight greenish cast. In the end, I scrapped the whole project and these photo are all that remain.